Purpose of Job
IMPORTANT: Applicants – When filling out your name and other personal information below, DO NOT use any special characters or ALL CAPS. Use only standard letters in the English alphabet. Including special characters or all uppercase letters will cause errors in your application.
We are seeking a talented Lead Blockchain Developer for a Remote opportunity!
Software Developers and Integrators (SDIs) are engaged in all phases of the software development lifecycle which include; gathering and analyzing user/business system requirements, responding to outages and creating application system models. SDIs primary functions are to design, develop, document, test and debug new and existing software systems and/or applications for internal use, perform defect corrections (analysis, design, code). In addition, SDIs participate in design meetings and consult with business clients to refine, test, and debug programs to meet business needs. This role is occupied by those who display expertise within their respective areas of specialization that enable them to lead and influence technical direction with an appropriate awareness of decisions and resulting impacts on business and technical objectives. Incumbents effectively evaluate and analyze situations or problems and are expected to exercise judgment in the selection of methodologies, techniques, and evaluation criteria for achieving objectives and results. In addition; Incumbents have productive and solid working relationships with internal and third party team members and, on behalf of management, delegate technical work packages.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn't technical, it's human. Here, we don't just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on Agile principles. We've been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it's like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
- Leads and influences technical direction for large-scale, highly complex technical initiatives and/or projects requiring integration of crossfunctional systems. Provides technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Collaborates with the business to prioritize key business/technical initiatives. Utilizes expert knowledge of the customer’s business to recommend solutions, and ensures business and technology objectives are met and maintained. Understands user and process requirements and ensures those requirements can be achieved through high-quality deliverables. Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews. Typically serves as a resource to the business and/or as a technical resource to cross-functional third party and internal team members on highly complex design/code reviews. May troubleshoot complex problems and recommend solutions or practices relative to root cause analyses and identification of solutions for improving system performance and availability.
- On behalf of the manager; manages the consistent delegation of work packages to cross-functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle. Appropriately advises management of issues. Assists team leads and management with delegation of technical work packages to cross-functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle. Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Performs design and analysis, coding and unit/integration testing of highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms. Displays advanced knowledge and understanding of functional and technical domains of specific products and appropriately evaluates the impact of changes or additions.
- Develops accurate estimates on work packages. Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced internal and third party team members to execute. Actively mentors and contributes to the technical and soft-skills development of internal and third party teams. Actively participates in cross-departmental staffing and/or technical decisions.
- Typically anticipates opportunities and proactively and consistently champions innovative solutions cross-functionally and across the Enterprise.
- 10+ years of software development experience demonstrating depth of technical and functional understanding within specific I/T discipline(s)/technology(s) - i.e., Business Intelligence, Mobile, Web, Java, etc.
- Experience leading software development teams (internal and/or third party) is required.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, (Applied) Mathematics or a related field, an advanced degree (MS) preferred.
- 2+ years of experience with at least one of the following technologies: Ethereum/Solidity, Hyperledger/Fabric, Multichain or Monax/Eris.
- 2+ years of experience in either Blockchain, Distributed Ledger, Cryptocurrencies, Smart Contracts, Digital Registries or Decentralized Autonomous Organizations.
- Strong analytical and development background with full stack development background that includes experience in python, Java, and/or C#.
- Conceptual knowledge of the mathematical foundations of blockchain technology.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering.
- Hands-on experience with either peer-to-peer technologies, distributed computing and/or cloud computing.
- Experience in either finance/banking, industry (e.g. manufacturing, electrical grid/utility), telecommunications, M2M/machine-to-machine communication or IoT preferred, but not required.
- Ability and motivation to learn and use new technologies.
- Experience with presenting, designing, and formulating strategic communications for C suite executives.
- Willingness to work with business stakeholders and develop understanding of complex business models and industry practices.
USAA's most valuable resource is our 28,000+ employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education.
We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.